Server and Desktop Virtualisation Experience
We are highly experienced in desktop virtualisation and transformation projects ranging from a few hundred users to many thousands of users. We also have the experience of delivering desktop transformation projects across different verticals such as local government, retail, finance and more. A summary our desktop experience is listed below:
- XOR Professional Services were tasked with developing a desktop transformation strategy for a charity organisation. This required guiding the organisation through a period of discovery and analysis to fully understand both the business and technical requirements. Requirements were validated though a structured proof-of-concept process and used to define a desktop strategy.
Technologies: Citrix XenDesktop, XenApp, Branch Repeater, Netscaler, VMware vSphere, LiquidWare Labs.
- XOR Professional Services were engaged to design and deliver a scalable Software as a Service (SaaS) platform for a leading financial analytics software company. This involved analysing the architecture of the software platform, applying cloud principles to the backend components and developing a robust front-end delivery mechanism. The service will be offered worldwide from multiple data centre locations.
Technologies: VMware vSphere, vCloud Director, Citrix XenApp, Citrix Netscaler
- XOR Professional Services were employed by a hosting service provider to design and implement a scalable virtual infrastructure to host the full application and desktop environment for an organisation with multiple subsidiaries. The project began with the hosting of 5 separate Microsoft Windows Active Directory domains and 250 virtual desktops, and was quickly increased to 20 domains and 750 desktops.
Technologies: VMware vSphere, VMware View 4.5, VMware ThinApp, IBM Blade Centre, EMC Clariion.
- XOR Professional Services were tasked with delivering a desktop refresh project at a city council aimed at centralizing desktop management, reducing energy consumption and hardware and support costs. To achieve this, a thin client based XenApp 6 solution was designed and deployed using Provisioning Services and application streaming.
Technologies: Citrix XenApp, Citrix Provisioning Services, Citrix EdgeSight, Citrix Streaming Profiler, Citrix Profile Management, Citrix XenServer, Wyse Device Manager.
We have delivered server virtualisation projects for many years using technologies from leading vendors. Our unique speciality is our ability to integrate server virtualisaiton solutions using best-of-breed technologies from multiple server, storage and networking vendors. Some of our experience has been listed below.
- XOR Professional services were requested by a large multi-national card payment organisation, to health check and diagnose issues with a VMware Virtual Infrastructure environment. By using in-house developed health check processes and best practices, the underlying causes were uncovered in the storage configurations and resource allocation and effectively remedied.
Technologies: Lanamark, VMware vSphere, IBM Blade Centre, IBM N-Series Storage.
- XOR Professional Services were employed by an insurance industry organisation to design and implement a VMware vSphere infrastructure for a physical server consolidation project. This involved a capacity planning assessment to accurately identify resource requirements.
Technologies: Lanamark, VMware vSphere 4.1, EMC Celerra, Dell Blade M-Series hosts.